Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Intensive Day 2

I have always known Microsoft Office products to be very powerful and very robust.  Thinking back, I have never actually been trained in Word.  All of the tricks and tips that I use in Word were things that I have found and learned on my own.  Today in class I was able to spread my Word wings and learn some pretty fascinating tools. Have you ever made a table of contents (TOC) and then over the course of the assignment you continually change the page numbers and you spend hours just on the TOC?  Well, no longer.  With the use of headings and the push of a button, Word will create the TOC and then continually change as your document changes.... brilliant.  Other highlights were the uses of SmartArt, Review, and EndNote in Word. Also, I was encouraged to see the dissertation portal and how it will be used throughout the dissertation process.

No comments:

Post a Comment