Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A boy and his ball

It was time for Owen and I to go for a walk and right before we left he started pointing at his big ball and saying "ba - ba - ba." I told Owen, that it is not going to work, the ball is too big, and asked him if we could take a blanket instead. He wrinkled his forehead showing me that he didn't like that idea. He finally convinced me to take the ball when he turned with a big smile and started (signing) by rubbing his belly saying, "Pleeeaaase!" I melted and gave in, and let him hold on to his ball. I thought to myself that this was not going to last long and I am going to end up pushing this stroller around the neighborhood holding on to this gigantic ball. Can he even see anything? As we continued down the street he seemed happy holding on to his ball. I checked up on him and he was looking to side through this little sliver of a crack between the ball and the stroller...


...So we continued on our walk for about 20 minutes or so and to my surprise he held onto his ball the entire time. Needless to say I got a lot of looks and smiles from passerbyers who enjoyed seeing a very little boy enjoying his gigantic blue ball on a walk with his daddy...

When we finally got back home, I thought this attachment to his big ball would soon be over. Besides, it was time for his favorite activity... EATING! I set him down and started to prepare some food for him in the kitchen. Meanwhile he continued his obsession with his ball. He threw it, bounced it, hit it and hugged it. Finally, his food was prepared and I asked him if he wanted to get into his chair and eat. He immediately forgot about his ball and was put in his chair. Once he was there, it continued again... "ba-ba" followed by another "pleeeeeassse!"
I was curious how he thought this was going to work so, I brought him his ball, and let him have it in his chair. I am such a pushover! Soon his grapes and mac n cheese became very desirable, so he ditched the ball and finished his lunch!



1 comment:

  1. awesome.

    If there are any other posts labeled "Big Ball," I can't wait to read them.

    ReplyDelete